Minnipa Agricultural Centre
The Minnipa Agricultural Centre (MAC) was established on 13 May 1915. MAC is situated 600 km by road northwest of Adelaide in the District Council of Wudinna on Central Eyre Peninsula.
MAC is operated by the South Australian Research & Development Institute (SARDI). SARDI is the research business group within the Department of Primary Industries and Regions, South Australia.
The SARDI Agronomy program within Crop Sciences https://pir.sa.gov.au/research/research_specialties/crop_sciences/agronomy and the SARDI Pastures program within Livestock Sciences https://www.pir.sa.gov.au/research/research_specialties/livestock_sciences/pastures both have teams of researchers and RD&E projects based at MAC.
Dr Rhiannon Schilling, SARDI Agronomy Program Leader
Historically, the major MAC investment partners have been the South Australian State Government through SARDI, the Grains Research & Development Corporation (GRDC) and the South Australian Grains Industry Trust (SAGIT) and the University of Adelaide. This partnership base has expanded over recent years to include several other partners including the Australian Government, Australian Wool Innovation (AWI), Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA), Ag Excellence Alliance and the Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board.