About AIR EP
Agricultural Innovation & Research Eyre Peninsula (AIR EP) was officially incorporated on 26 May 2020, with the aim of creating a single entity for farmer driven applied research, local validation and extension of agricultural technologies and innovations on the Eyre Peninsula.
AIR EP is the result of a merger between the Eyre Peninsula Agricultural Research Foundation (EPARF) and the Lower Eyre Ag Development Association (LEADA) farming systems groups, who have been very effective in providing local RD&E outcomes for upper and lower Eyre Peninsula respectively over the past 15 years. By joining forces, the new organisation will create efficiencies in administration and operations, and provide a stronger face for regional RD&E to future funders, partners, members and supporters.
The vision for AIR EP is a professional farmer owned and directed organisation that drives the advancement and practical application of agricultural scientific research, development and extension in dryland farming systems relevant to Eyre Peninsula and like environments across Australia.
The organisation will access funds to support projects that address key issues and opportunities that will increase the profitability and resilience of farming businesses in the region.
The strategic focus of AIR EP is to be:
- Responsive and relevant to our farmer and industry members, ensuring that farmers, agribusiness and the scientific community are an integral part of the planning and delivery of independent RD&E.
- Identify the strategic direction on short, medium and long term needs of the agricultural sector to include current and future issues, and to drive innovation in the sector.
- Proactive in developing proposals that address regional RD&E needs, matching needs to funding availability.
- Deliver quality applied research for the benefit of farmers on the Eyre Peninsula
- Build capacity of the agricultural sector through education, training and extension.
- Develop relationships and partnerships in collaboration with the private sector and government.